[Boost-docs] [quickbook] Conditional Generation

Subject: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Conditional Generation
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-28 08:23:27

Hi!

To make quickbook template wizards like Rene more powerful,
we now have Conditional Generation. What is it? Here's the doc:

Like C++ #ifdef, you can generate phrases depending on the presence of a macro.
Example:

[? __to_be__ To be or not to be]

Here, the phrase "To be or not to be" will only be generated if the macro symbol
__to_be__ has been previously defined. The phrase above will not do anything
since we haven't defined __to_be__. Now, let's define the symbol:

[def __to_be__]

And try again:

[? __to_be__ To be or not to be]

To be or not to be

Yes!

Conditional Generation makes quickbook turing complete. Committed to CVS.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com