Re: [Boost-docs] stl mini-review

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] stl mini-review
From: Matias Capeletto (matias.capeletto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-27 22:41:42

On 7/27/07, Stjepan Rajko <stipe_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> One question - for links to docs, you use for example:
>
> [template StdDestructible[] [link
> standards.concepts.utilities.destructible [^Destructible]]]
>
> and then [StdDestructible] in the text where you want the Destructible link.
>
> What I've mostly seen so far is something like:
>
> [def __std_destructible__ [link
> standards.concepts.utilities.destructible [^Destructible]]]
>
> and then __std_destructible__ in the text where you want the Destructible link.

Templates are new to qbk 1.4, they are are to macros in Quickbook what
inline functions are to macros in C++. They are integrated in the
language, not part of a preprocessor.

Rene is working to pass all qbks constructs to templates, so Quickbook
will be a template evaluation engine and use extern template
definition writing different backends (docbook, html, LaTex, man
pages) is very nice with this approach.

We plan to use Rene templates html backend as part of the Quickbook
Trac WikiProcessor IBD subproject:

    http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/QuickbookWikiProcessor

> Since we're setting uniformity / best practices, is there a benefit to
> using one over the other? Should we recommend one or leave it up to
> the author's preference?

We should heavily used templates :)

Best regards
Matias