[Boost-docs] a couple quickbook bugs (or features?) regarding italics and variablelists

Subject: [Boost-docs] a couple quickbook bugs (or features?) regarding italics and variablelists
From: Stjepan Rajko (stipe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-29 18:46:54

If I have a template ProducerConcept and I write:

['[ProducerConcept]]

the template gets expanded and written in italics, but if I write:

/[ProducerConcept]/

I get [ProducerConcept] in italics, i.e. the template does not get
expanded. Is this intended? Seems a bit weird.

Also, if I write:

This is a variablelist:
[variablelist blah
 [[a][b]]
]

The variablelist will not get expanded. I have to insert a space before it:

This is a variablelist:

[variablelist blah
 [[a][b]]
]

However, if I do a table instead of variablelist:

This is a table:
[table blah
 [[a][b]]
]

The table does get expanded. Somewhat curiously, the following is
also 100% fine:

This is a table and varlist:
[table blah
 [[a][b]]
]
[variablelist blah
 [[a][b]]
]

Bug? Since both table and variablelist are block-level elements, I'd
expect them to behave the same.

Sorry I'm no good with Spirit, I can't help much with trying to fix
these if they are bugs :-(

Stjepan