Re: [Boost-docs] [Quickbook] Templates and Namespaces

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [Quickbook] Templates and Namespaces
From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-02 07:57:38

David Abrahams wrote:
> on Wed Aug 01 2007, Joel de Guzman <joel-AT-boost-consulting.com> wrote:
>

>>> I dunno. I kinda prefer the block syntax. Works nice if your editor can
>>> do brace matching, which would make it easy to select a whole section
>>> and move it elsewhere.
>>>
>> Can't your editor be configured to match [section][endsect] too?
>> Many editors can.
>>

> I use emacs so it can do anything. But the point is I don't want to
> have to configure anything. "Every editor on the planet" can match [
> and ] OOTB.

This only takes you a bit on the way. Code snippets and comments may be
unbalanced at least when viewed as general text, contained strings,
comments and '[' and ']' characters need to be ignored. So what is
needed even with emacs is a quicbook mode. I guess this is an issue
with any editor that fit your definition of what is an editor.

--
Bjørn