Re: [Boost-docs] [debugger_visualizers] wiki update

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [debugger_visualizers] wiki update
From: Cédric Venet (cedric.venet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-06 16:30:47

> I've just updated the Debugger Visualizers section of the wiki:
>
> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/DebuggerVisualizers
>
> Still a work-in-progress, but for those eagerly waiting for it, might
> be
> worth looking at. Comments welcome!

Great, but it seems that the personalized debug visualizer already exist
since VC++ 6.

Also, I don't know if you had seen this:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8fwk67y3(VS.80).aspx

(Microsoft - EEAddIn Sample shows how to use addins to make more complex
conversions of C++ datatypes. The Microsoft sample doesn't work right out of
the box:

Modify the !ReadDebuggeeMemoryEx() to ReadDebuggeeMemoryEx()!=S_OK

Change the Release build linker configuration, so it uses the eeaddin.def
(Like in the Debug build)

Don't use the @28 syntax in the autoexp.dat )

And more or less the same things:
http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/V-S/debug/article.php/c4437/

I didn't try and it isn't really documentation, but it should be enough to
do more advanced visualiser.

Regards,

--
Cédric Venet