[Boost-docs] Quickbook - Spacing between text and code blocks

Subject: [Boost-docs] Quickbook - Spacing between text and code blocks
From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-16 13:24:12

I'm very, very pleased with the overall appearance of Quickbooks docs, especially with the new import feature so that much of the
text can be written into the C++ source - hyper cool!

(If you are not using it yet to write/update your Quickbook docs, you should be!)

But I am concerned that the resultant text and code blocks is taking a lot of space vertically.

This especially true if you have stuff repeatedly something like

This is some interesting code that prints hello:

  cout << "Hello" << endl;

Now wasn't that useful?

Now we

  return 0

to say it went OK.

In essence, there appears to be too much verical space *before* each code block outline, and perhaps too much before and after space
*within* the code block, as well.

The result is that you need to keep scrolling a lot as you read, and that it takes a *lot* a paper if you need to print it.

It this something that I/others/readers can/should control? Do others share this impression?

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]