[Boost-docs] recommend use of svn copy

Subject: [Boost-docs] recommend use of svn copy
From: Frank Mori Hess (frank.hess_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-12 15:30:05

Based on the few files in boost_docs whose history I've browsed in the trac
browser, it appears the files which were imported from elsewhere in the boost
svn were not created using the svn copy command. This is unfortunate, since
it means the files' histories are not conveniently available. As far as svn
knows, they were all completely new files when boost_docs/ was created.
Maybe it's too late to bother with for the files that are already in there,
but I recommend we should use svn copy for any future files which are copied
into boost_docs, for example like I just did with boostbook.dtd. Then you
can see the files' histories through copies:

http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/log/sandbox/boost_docs/trunk/tools/boostbook/dtd/boostbook.dtd?action=stop_on_copy&rev=39217&stop_rev=&mode=follow_copy

--
Frank