Re: [Boost-docs] Can't build bjam docs

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Can't build bjam docs
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-19 17:58:48

Joel de Guzman wrote:
> John Maddock wrote:
>
>> Joel: the white on white navigation text appears to be you're work:
>> the navigation text is classed as "spirit-nav" and the stylesheet
>> has:
>>
>> .spirit-nav a
>> {
>> color: white;
>> padding-left: 0.5em;
>> }
>>
>> Is there any particular reason for this?
>
> Not all with "Spirit" in it is my work, you know :-)

And there was me thinking that you were the chief spirit ;-)

> Before QuickBook, BoostBook already had the spirit-nav stuff.
> The reason for the naming is because it was influenced by the
> original Spirit docs. If I'm not mistaken (darned my memory!)
> I think it was Reece Dunn?

Nope, it was this change set:
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/25895 "new look and feel, brought
to you by Joel and Eric and the good folks on boost-docs" and committed by
Eric Niebler.

Eric: do you remember why navigation text became white on white? Any
objections if we remove that line of the stylesheet (or replace with
something better if you have it)?

Many thanks, John.