Re: [Boost-docs] Can't build bjam docs

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Can't build bjam docs
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-19 18:15:39

John Maddock wrote:
> Joel de Guzman wrote:
>> John Maddock wrote:
>>
>>> Joel: the white on white navigation text appears to be you're work:
>>> the navigation text is classed as "spirit-nav" and the stylesheet
>>> has:
>>>
>>> .spirit-nav a
>>> {
>>> color: white;
>>> padding-left: 0.5em;
>>> }
>>>
>>> Is there any particular reason for this?
>>
>> Not all with "Spirit" in it is my work, you know :-)
>
> And there was me thinking that you were the chief spirit ;-)
>
>> Before QuickBook, BoostBook already had the spirit-nav stuff.
>> The reason for the naming is because it was influenced by the
>> original Spirit docs. If I'm not mistaken (darned my memory!)
>> I think it was Reece Dunn?
>
> Nope, it was this change set:
> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/25895 "new look and feel,
> brought to you by Joel and Eric and the good folks on boost-docs" and
> committed by Eric Niebler.
>
> Eric: do you remember why navigation text became white on white? Any
> objections if we remove that line of the stylesheet (or replace with
> something better if you have it)?

I seem to recall that on some browser, the navigation icon was given a
strange colored outline which looked horrible. That might be the reason
for this change, but I really don't remember exactly. Feel free to
change it ... it was an ugly hack and should rightfully go away.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting