Re: [Boost-docs] [boostbook][patch] patches to trunk

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [boostbook][patch] patches to trunk
From: Frank Mori Hess (frank.hess_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-11 18:20:13

On Thursday 11 October 2007 11:17 am, Rene Rivera wrote:
> Frank Mori Hess wrote:
> > build_docs.patch changes the top-level element of the build documentation
> > from a <part> to a <chapter>, since boost.xml includes the build
> > documentation inside a <part> already (<part> is not permitted to have
> > another <part> as child). This also requires various <chapter> and
> > <appendix> elements to be changed into <section>s. It also changes the
> > standalone version of the build docs from a book to an article, to
> > accomodate the other changes. I wasn't able to test the standalone
> > changes since I don't know how to build the standalone version.
>
> I don't you want to do this. Or at least you want to really test the
> standalone build (there's a Jamfile.v2 that goes with it) *and* talk to
> Volodya about the changes. Personally I would prefer the approach of
> mutating the XML to fit the context as the XSLT at the bottom of
> docbook.xsl does.

Allright, here's an alternate patch to standalone.xml. It should look the
same as the old standalone version (I built it and it looked okay). It uses
xpointer to reparent the children of the top-level <section>s into <chapter>s
(or <appendix> as the case may be).

It there are objections to this version too, I'll just punt and put the build
docs patches in a ticket in trac, as I'm not overly concerned about the
details of how the issue is resolved. Mainly, I just wanted to know that fop
0.94 was useable for boost, after my earlier patch to update the
setup_boostbook scripts.

--
Frank