Re: [Boost-docs] Giving Spirit docs a quick one over

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Giving Spirit docs a quick one over
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-17 01:08:26

Darren Garvey wrote:
> Hey all,

Hey!

> I've been making progress on the Spirit doc conversion (about time too).
> I've been unintentionally very conservative in the translation and
> changed almost none of the text (10 words maybe?). I have to say they
> are *superbly* written - not suprising considering they were written by
> a language geek. ;-)

Oh my. Thanks.

> Anyway, they're posted in the boost sandbox (link:
> *http://tinyurl.com/29o9cp*).
>
> Issues are:
> * Some listed in file: ISSUES, from the link above (please ignore the
> ones about internal links) .

Oh. Ok. I'll fix those.

> * Is there any point converting the page about Phoenix? IOW, what is the
> timescale to merging that with the BLL?

Hmmm... I'll have to meditate on this. I'll give you an answer ASAP.

> * The Quick Reference should probably be done using doxygen - I haven't
> really looked at that yet.

Nope. Doxygen barfs on Spirit, the last I checked, at least.

> * I'm getting an error about boostbook about failling to build
> ./standalone. I'm not sure if that's a config issue, can anyone else try
> and see if they can build them?

Dunno about this one. I'll try it out.

> * If you wanted to help, ;-), the FAQ, Techniques, and the 'In Depth: *'
> parts have definitely not been done already (others are on my HD
> somewhere).

I'm posting to the Spirit lists. Hey guys, if you want to contribute
to the Spirit development, this should be an easy one. Please send
Darren an email if you have some spare cycles to share :-) THANKS!

> This is longer than it needs to be already.

Way cool! There's one more missing:

* An entry in the acknowledgment: Thanks to Darren Garvey for porting the
   docs over to QuickBook.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman