Re: [Boost-docs] [1.35] Where to place PDF versions of docs?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [1.35] Where to place PDF versions of docs?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-01 19:42:41

John Maddock wrote:
> Folks I think we need to get organised with PDF's now that we have many more
> libraries with quickbook/boostbook docs.
>
> I don't particularly want these in SVN trunk: apart from anything else it
> needlessly bloats the download size if folks are happy with HTML versions.
> Previously I've placed these in the vault, but there's a file size limit
> there and the new Boost.Math PDF's are too large :-(
>
> Another alternative would be the sourceforge file release system, but I
> don't believe all developers have access to that?
>
> So.... how about we either have a directory in the "website" area of SVN for
> these, or else in the sandbox maybe?

A place in the website seems best. But it needs to be arranged carefully
as one of my goals is to make documentation for all releases available.
To be able to handle that they need to be organized by version and
library. There's already a doc section, so here's the layout:

web-root/doc/prebuilt/<version>/libs/<library>/doc/whatever.pdf
(or any other prebuilt docs, not just pdf)

Note, this would be only an internal arrangement. We can arrange the
links to show up elsewhere as needed. In particular they can show up as
a link to /doc/libs/<version>/doc/whatever.pdf.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything