Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] inline code inside headings

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] inline code inside headings
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-10 22:01:50

Cromwell Enage wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I'm trying to link to an element such as the
> following:
>
> [heading `foo`]
>
> Currently, the normalized name of the anchor for the
> example element is:
>
> _code__phrase_role__identifier__foo___code_
>
> Is there any particular reason why this convention was
> chosen? Why can't the inline code markup be ignored
> when normalizing the heading name for link anchors?
> Not doing so makes heading links harder to write and
> harder to read.

Oh. Right. Hmmm.. me thinks. Well there is really no
particular reason. I think it is a bug. We didn't
allow markups on headings before (now we do). And
the original simplistic normalizing strategy does
not work anymore. I'll look for a fix. Please fire
up a trac ticket, ok?

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman