[Boost-docs] Character encoding on beta site

Subject: [Boost-docs] Character encoding on beta site
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-28 20:55:16

Hi,

Dave seems to have tidy set up to generate utf-8 markup, while Rene's
and mine are generating ascii. Do we have a policy on this? The beta
site's HTTP header specifies UTF-8, so browsers are treating
everything as UTF-8 anyway. This is causing problems in some of the
documentation:

http://beta.boost.org/doc/libs/1_34_0/doc/html/any.html

Maybe we should add '-utf8' or '-ascii' to the arguments for tidy to
keep things consistent.

Also, Trac seems to be treating the bugs file as some variant of ascii
which is causing it to display it incorrectly.

Daniel