[Boost-docs] [dynamic_bitset] Documentation Corrections

Subject: [Boost-docs] [dynamic_bitset] Documentation Corrections
From: Charles Brockman (cmbrockman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-18 19:09:19

Is anyone maintaining the dynamic_bitset library?
In the documentation at /libs/dynamic_bitset/dynamic_bitset.html, I think
there are errors in two sentences.

In the Non-Member Functions section, see operator& and the two following
functions, operator| and operator^. The second sentence of each Returns
paragraph is identical among the three descriptions.
"Note that the expression b1 & b2 is equivalent to creating a temporary copy
of b1, using operator&=, and returning the temporary copy."

I think the operator| part should read:
"Note that the expression b1 | b2 is equivalent to creating a temporary copy
of b1, using operator|=, and returning the temporary copy."

and the operator^ part should read:
"Note that the expression b1 ^ b2 is equivalent to creating a temporary copy
of b1, using operator^=, and returning the temporary copy."

The similar Returns paragraph at operator- appears to be correct.

The patch file is attached.

I emailed this notice to Gennaro Prota but I have received no response.

--
Charles Brockman