Re: [Boost-docs] [1.35.0] Getting Started?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [1.35.0] Getting Started?
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-21 17:17:20

Beman Dawes wrote:
> I trying to build docs for 1.35.0 from branches/release. I've followed
> the procedure in
> http://www.boost.org/regression-logs/cs-win32_metacomm/doc/html/boostbook/getting/started.html
> up to the point where it says:
>
> "At this point, you should be able to build HTML documentation for
> libraries that do not require Doxygen. To test this, change into the
> directory $BOOST_ROOT/libs/function/doc and run the command bjam --v2:
> it should produce HTML documentation for the Boost.Function library in
> the html subdirectory."
>
> I do that and get the error message below.
>
> My user-config.jam file looks like this:
>
> using msvc : 8.0 ;
> using msvc : 7.1 ;
> using gcc ;
> using intel-win : 10.0 ;
> import toolset : using ;
> using python ;
> using xsltproc ;
>
> # BoostBook configuration
> using boostbook
> : c:/apps/docbook_xsl
> : c:/apps/docbook_dtd
> ;
> using doxygen ;
>
> Any ideas what's wrong? Where is reference.xsl supposed to come from?

Beman, this works for me in both the Trunk and release branches. However, I
have seen this before: it was due to bbv2 incorrectly quoting some command
line arguments (putting an argument in ""two sets of quotes""), can you run
with -d2 so we can see the command lines?

Also make sure that you are using the latest Win32 xsltproc from
http://www.zlatkovic.com/libxml.en.html rather than the one on the metacomm
site which is out of date now :-(

HTH, John.