Re: [Boost-docs] ReST: inconsistent style?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] ReST: inconsistent style?
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-04 20:15:29

on Fri Feb 01 2008, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>> http://beta.boost.org/doc/libs/1_34_1/more/getting_started/index.html
>> and http://beta.boost.org/doc/libs/1_34_1/libs/python/doc/building.html
>> are both generated from ReST sources. The former uses the style I have
>> come to understand is the agreed-upon Boost documentation style. The
>> latter seems to use something else. I prefer the former, and took pains
>> to ensure that both documents presented that way on the old site... but
>> regardless of that, why the inconsistency?
>
> Because the default for library docs presentation on the beta web site
> does post-processing to make the style conform to the style of the web
> site.

OK. Well,
http://beta.boost.org/doc/libs/1_34_1/libs/python/doc/building.html#include-issues
seems to indicate it's being a little too aggressive. Puting
class="pre" stuff in all-caps seems like a mistake.

> And the "more/*" happens to be outside of the default for
> post-processing.

Not sure what that last part means.

> We can disable the post-processing on a case by case basis.
>
> Oh, and the TOC showing as it does on the latter is a bug. It shouldn't
> have the "NOTE" wrapper around it. And in the former the ReST style
> doesn't seem to set the background color, yet from the logo it seems to
> assume a white background.

What would I need to do to fix that assumption?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting