Re: [Boost-docs] Getting Started Guide: Suggestion to include info on disk space required

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Getting Started Guide: Suggestion to include info on disk space required
From: Cédric Venet (cedric.venet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-21 22:19:40

What would be nice is to put command lines like these in it:

Msvc 64bits

bjam toolset=msvc address-model=64 debug release threading=multi
runtime-link=shared link=static --without-serialization --without-wave
--without-graph --without-mpi --without-python stage

MSVC 32bits

bjam toolset=msvc debug release threading=multi runtime-link=shared
link=static --without-serialization --without-wave --without-graph
--without-mpi --without-python stage

GCC 32bits
bjam toolset=gcc debug release threading=multi link=static
--without-serialization --without-wave --without-graph --without-mpi
--without-python stage

And explain the most important option of boost build, which are pretty to
find.

My repertories bin+stage weight only 600mo with the msvc32 bits version.
Building boost is pretty easy once you found how to do it, but it isn't
explained clearly anywhere (at least I never found).

Just my 2 cents