Re: [Boost-docs] Including a few lines from another file in BoostBook?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Including a few lines from another file in BoostBook?
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-08 14:57:03

Boris wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 20:22:44 +0200, Eric Niebler
> <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Boris wrote:
>>> I've been converting a Quickbook documentation to DocBook.
>>
>> Do you mind if I ask why?
>
> I took over a library (not yet an official Boost library), and as I'm
> much more familiar with DocBook I converted the QuickBook files. It also
> seemed to me that BoostBook is now the official documentation format
> while QuickBook is older? When I was trying to find out how to document
> a Boost library correctly I was also referred to BoostBook.

Ah, no. QuickBook is a simple front-end for BoostBook. It is a
relatively new addition to the toolchain, and is intended to make
authoring Boost documentation easier. Many Boost library authors are
moving away from using BoostBook directly and are instead moving toward
QuickBook.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing