Re: [Boost-docs] Do the Boost documentation tools work on Cygwin?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Do the Boost documentation tools work on Cygwin?
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-10 09:45:11

Boris wrote:
>> Thanks, good to know to try it when I've more time. :) Right now I
>> would be already happy to know how to create the documentation
>> manually. I know that xsltproc and doxygen are invoked but how
>> exactly? Is it somewhere explained in the documentation?
>>
>> I played around with xsltproc - this seems to do the job:
>>
>> xsltproc boost_1_35_0/tools/boostbook/xsl/html.xsl
>> my_new_library_documentation.xml

There's a sample Makefile here which may help:
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/sandbox/math_toolkit/libs/math/doc/sf_and_dist/win32_nmake.mak

>> If I process the library's source code with doxygen how I do
>> integrate the generated HTML pages? I suppose this is normally done
>> automatically by the tools, too?

Yes, that's more complex, because you need to generate XML output from
doxygen and then process that to Docbook, and then integrate the whole
lot.... better to let bjam handle it in that case.

John.