Re: [Boost-docs] boost-root/doc/test needed

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] boost-root/doc/test needed
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-29 19:50:57

Eric Niebler wrote:
>> There is a simple test case attached to
>> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1584. It is about the most
>> trivial use of BoostBook, QuickBook and Doxygen imaginable. With this
>> little test, I can reproduce Beman's problem (or some problem) with
>> the Windows tool chain. Oddly, it works under cygwin.
>>
>> Looks like Doxygen is correctly emitting XML, but that our collect.xsl
>> transform is failing to do anything meaningful with it. I'm looking
>> into it.
>
> It looks like the windows version of xsltproc is not recognizing the
> windows paths to external xml files. <sigh> The good news is that the
> external files we're referring to are always in the same directory as
> the xml file we're currently processing, so we can do away with the
> absolute path and use a relative path instead.
>
> Beman, can you apply this patch to your
> tools/boostbook/xsl/doxygen/collect.xsl and see if it fixes your
> problem? I've tested this with my windows and cygwin toolchains. If
> someone could test on Linux, that'd be groovy.

OK, it ran to completion. Took 40 minutes or so.

Much more stuff was built, and there were no strange error dialogs or
bjam crashes this time. Comparing xpressive/reference.html to the one
built by Daniel, it seems pretty much the same except for some ID
numbers that are part of html file names.

accumulators/reference.html still isn't right, but that may be because I
should have cleared out more stuff from prior attempts. I'll do that and
try again.

--Beman