Re: [Boost-docs] boost-root/doc/test needed

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] boost-root/doc/test needed
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-30 08:50:53

Eric Niebler wrote:

>>> I haven't tried this on windows. It would involve setting up latex,
>>> dvips and ghostscript.
>>
>> I'm using the cygwin versions.
>
> I wouldn't expect that to work. Win32 and cygwin binaries are often
> different, esp. in how they handle paths. Either use cygwin for
> everything (bjam, xsltproc, doxygen, etc.), or else install native
> win32 binaries and use them for everything.

Right, but I have to question the wizdom of having the main doc build depend
on so many tools - we certainly haven't documented the dependency on
latex/dvips/gs have we? - do we even have any instructions on how to set
these up in our user-config.jam's? Assuming these are for image/equation
generation, I'd rather Eric did what Boost.Math does and generate these
locally and commit to SVN. Then leave the centralised build for the "core"
tools: boostbook/quickbook etc. Heaven only knows things are complex enough
already!

Just my 2c worth, John.