Re: [Boost-docs] boost-root/doc/test needed

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] boost-root/doc/test needed
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-31 00:28:25

Daniel James wrote:
> On 30/07/2008, John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Some docs on the docs would be a start though I guess...

> Also, in the last few days I've started trying to pull together simple
> installation instructions for various platforms at:
>
> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostDocs/GettingStarted

I followed the Debian/ubuntu setup, and it work first time! I had tried
to run on Ubuntu before, but did not have the right tools installed.
Your "sudo apt-get install xsltproc docbook-xsl docbook-xml doxygen
texlive-full" was a lifesaver.

> It's very rough, as I've really just been recording my attempts at
> getting various platforms to work.

I've given up on generating docs on Windows for now, particularly since
doxygen seems unstable, even the cygwin version. I thought I had it
working, since a bjam test I had run directly from the Windows command
prompt worked. But doxygen coredumped when run from the regular bash script.

I'll just use Ubuntu to get this release out, then we can reassess.

--Beman