Re: [Boost-docs] Making Boost Doc builds more robust

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Making Boost Doc builds more robust
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-04 13:29:11

2008/12/4 Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]>:

> As it stands now, I'd can't even grep for "error", and get a meaningful
> result. See below for the current release branch result of such a grep. Are
> these really errors?

Yes. They're consequences of the problems with quickbook on cygwin
that I wrote about before. When the changes I've made have been added
to trunk, it should cause the build to fail before it gets to them.

As for the rest of the output, I think the biggest culprits are
quickbook, doxygen and docbook. Quickbook has a lot of warnings when
building, which can be reduced, and also a lot of warnings about
deprecated newlines, which can possibly be improved (maybe there
should only be warnings when a recent version of quickbook is
specified). I don't know what settings doxygen and docbook support.

Daniel