Re: [Boost-docs] Xpressive problems

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Xpressive problems
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-05 16:39:19

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Daniel James <daniel_james_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> 2008/12/5 Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]>:
>> Looking at the attached bjam log from this morning's trunk doc build, down
>> at the end, there seem to be a lot of error messages related to xpressive.
>
> You're using an out of date version of bjam, you need to rebuild it
> from trunk. Maybe the release script should build its own executable.

OK, I'll add that.

This isn't the first time that I've had problems because a certain
version of bjam was required for some build to work. Perhaps Jamfiles
could have a feature that says, in effect, "version of bjam n.nn or
later is required, but the current version is earlier than that."

Thanks,

--Beman