Re: [Boost-docs] Xpressive problems

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Xpressive problems
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-07 13:23:45

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 11:31 PM, Joel de Guzman
<joel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> David Abrahams wrote:
>>

>> I used cygwin happily for many years with an installation that used the
>> windows line-ending convention. Then one day the Cygwin installer added
>> a recommendation to use *nix line-ends. I've never understood why.
>> Everything had just seemed to work for me. So if you've been having
>> line-ending issues, try a cygwin installation that is compatible with
>> the rest of your system.
>
> Same here. I have no problems whatsoever with Cygwin using CR/LF.
> I still use CR/LF and have no problems at all.

I've also used CR/LF for years without any problems. Recently I
decided to follow the Cygwin installer's recommendation, and switched
to *nix line-ends. Big mistake. Nothing but problems. I reverted to
CR/LF line ends, and the problems disappeared.

--Beman