Re: [Boost-docs] Making Boost Doc builds more robust

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Making Boost Doc builds more robust
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-17 20:14:35

Rene Rivera wrote:
> Joel de Guzman wrote:

> And quickbook and docs are not the only tools we need to test. And I
> mentioned in a BB post that we really want to have tool testing happen
> in an independent process than the regular testing, i.e. have separate
> results, as it needs to detect breaking changes before they impact the
> main testing. The options for doing this I can think of are:

<snip>...

I'm not sure I understand these options. But wouldn't this be addressed
if the main testing always used the released tools?

and probably the tool testing should use the released libraries.

... and in fact, main testing of each library should be against the
released libraries as well.

Robert Ramey