Re: [Boost-docs] [website] Navigation problem

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [website] Navigation problem
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-01-30 17:00:31

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Daniel James <daniel_james_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> 2009/1/30 Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]>:
>>
>> To fix this, and generally make navigation easier and more intuitive, I've
>>
>> * Changed "Groups" to "Discussion Groups".
>>
>> * Moved "Discussion Policy" to directly follow "Discussion Groups".
>>
>> * Added a "Mailing Lists" link to the mailing lists page.
>>
>> * Changed the title of that page from "Boost Mailing Lists" to "Boost
>> Mailing Lists (A.K.A. Discussion Groups)"
>
> I think two links to the same page from the same section of the
> sidebar could be a bit confusing. We probably should just call it
> 'mailing lists', since that's what almost all of it is, or maybe
> 'mailing lists and discussion groups'

Personally, I don't find it as confusing as not being able find the
page I want if I happen to use one term and not the other. The reason
I decide to add both was that some people think of mailing lists as
something exclusive and not available to anyone, while they think of
discussion groups as more open.

Regardless, if we go with a single entry, I think it should be
"Mailing Lists", and if we do that, then "Discussion Policy" needs to
be changed to "Mailing List Discussion Policy" IMO.

--Beman