[Boost-docs] Quickbook with Doxygen autodoc - How to get the function (and enum) descriptions?

Subject: [Boost-docs] Quickbook with Doxygen autodoc - How to get the function (and enum) descriptions?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-02 09:51:19

I have a Quickbook document using autodoc Doxygen and am generating html (I
suspect pdf is same).

The "Reference" information shows (much snipped) for a class:

class svg_1d_plot_series {
public:
  // construct/copy/destruct
  template<class T > svg_1d_plot_series(T, T, const std::string & = "");

  // public member functions
  size_t series_count() ; <<<<<<<<<< Note NO comment description (from
<purpose> ) here.

autodoc.xml contains this

<method name="series_count" cv="">
  <type>size_t</type>
  <purpose>
     Get number of normal data points in this data series.
  </purpose>
</method>

Which corresponds to the comment in the source code:

  size_t series_count(); //!< Get number of normal data points in this data
series.

The details of svg_1d_plot_series public member functions, simply shows
(with many others of course)

  size_t series_count() ;

I expect/hope_very_much to see the comment as well, like this:

   size_t series_count(); // Get number of normal data points in this data
series.

So what I am doing wrong that I don't get the <purpose> information shown in
either place?

(I note that the member *data* items DO all show the expected comments, for
example

  std::vector< double > series_; // Normal 'OK to plot' data values.
  std::string title_; // title of data series (to show on legend) ...

Since I have *several hundred* functions to which I have added comments, you
will understand that I am keen to have them showing in the text ;-)

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Paul

---