Re: [Boost-docs] Document build problem - I/O error : Failed to loadexternal entity

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Document build problem - I/O error : Failed to loadexternal entity
From: Piotr Jachowicz (pjachowi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-24 17:45:55

Hello,

John Maddock <john <at> johnmaddock.co.uk> writes:

> > What should I setup to create html doc by bjam invocation?
>
> These errors are usually caused by incorrect paths to your Docbook files in
> your user-config.jam (or use of backslashes in paths rather than forward
> slashes) these paths get written to your XML catalog file which is why this
> may be causing the error.

You are right - I had a bug in user-config.jam. My user-config.jam looked like
following:

using xsltproc : "c:/pj/qbook/bin/xsltproc.exe" ;

using boostbook
    : "c:/pj/qbook/docbook-xsl"
    : "c:/pj/qbook/docbook-xml"
    ;

but it showed that c:/pj/qbook/docbook-xsl/docbook-xsl-1.75.0 contains docbook-
xslt installation.

--
Piotr Jachowicz
P.S. Do you think this case is worth to be added to "Troubleshooting" section?