Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook hang

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook hang
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-04 15:38:29

2009/9/4 Jared McIntyre <jmcintyre_at_[hidden]>:
> I'll take a look at it tonight, but this system should have the same config
> as the working one downstairs. Also, I built the 1.40 quickbook and the 1.39
> version last night, and had the same problem with both. Do you have any
> recommendations on how to debug the problem? I have a feeling this one might
> be difficult to reproduce elsewhere.

I was using the latest trunk, which has quite a few changes but I'd be
surprised if they fix this problem. I'm not sure how to debug Spirit,
if I have problem I usually try to isolate it into a small example,
and look at the appropriate code and work it out. You might get more
help with debugging on the Spirit list.

2009/9/4 Jared McIntyre <jmcintyre_at_[hidden]>:
> Are you on SnowLeopard? I thought 4.2 was only available on that version. I
> have a copy from ADC, but I haven't actually gotten around to installing it
> yet 8-)

No, that was a PowerPC running OS X 10.5.8, although it's not my
computer so I won't have access to it for a few more days. I think 4.2
was included with X-code for Leopard, maybe your problem was fixed in
a recent version? (I'm grasping at straws here).

Daniel