[Boost-docs] Too many copies of graphics like boost.png?

Subject: [Boost-docs] Too many copies of graphics like boost.png?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-08 15:22:29

I note that there are many copies of graphics files like boost.png - over 70
last time I looked - and rising! And there are several others similar images
like top, prev, next, draft ... that are used in almost every bit of
documentation.

This seems, how shall I put it, untidy?

Of course we don't want to put a link back to a internet url like boost.org, but
is there somewhere we could agree a 'standard' location of files of this sort.

This would avoid the clutter of so many copies.

It could make it easier for documentation writers to just declare an /images
location as a path in their jamfile. Perhaps something relative to BOOST_ROOT?

It might make for a more consistent 'house style' too.

Of course, it might have been better to do this a long time ago, and it won't
come right quickly even if there is a 'standard' location, but would it still be
useful to do something like this now?

Views? Suggestions?

Paul

---