Re: [Boost-docs] Contributing FAQ

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Contributing FAQ
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-18 00:34:06

2010/1/15 David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>:

> Maybe a more general "how can I contribute?" question that includes
> testing as an option would be good.  Is there anyone that feels
> comfortable picking up this ball and running with it?

No one's doing much work on the website at the moment. I added your
question to the FAQ on the beta site (I'll merge with the new release)
but it's a bit hidden away. The development page should probably offer
a better introduction, since it's more prominent.

I'd quite like to move a lot of the articles and guidelines onto the
wiki. At the moment developer information is split between the two
sites and I think that's confusing. Hopefully, developers would also
find the wiki easier to update. And then the main site structure could
be simplified to make introductory material like this easier to
access. Although, I'm not sure what the articles' authors would think
of that, so maybe the articles should stay on the site.

Daniel