Re: [Boost-docs] Doc build stylesheet version?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Doc build stylesheet version?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-21 21:27:10

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Daniel James <dnljms_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> 2010/1/21 Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]>:
>>
>> Notice the freshly generated file says "DocBook XSL Stylesheets
>> V1.69.1" while the trunk version says "DocBook XSL Stylesheets
>> V1.74.0". There are a lot of diffs in the document relating to HTML
>> markup.
>>
>> Is this a problem?
>
> Probably not. I think the newer stylesheets mostly just generate
> slightly better HTML.
>
>> Is http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostDocs/GettingStarted#Cygwin
>> out of date? It says to use docbook-xml42. Or have I done something
>> wrong?
>
> No, not at all. It looks cygwin haven't updated their docbook-xsl
> package for years.

Could you post a request to their mailing list for them to update it?

The SVN churn caused by the old-style HTML being generated is disconcerting.

>> Also, I'm getting warnings that [br] tags I added are deprecated. What
>> should I replace them with?
>
> I think the idea was that you should be using paragraphs. But the best
> thing might be to undeprecate line breaks as no one pays the slightest
> attention to the warnings so they're mostly just noise.

What is the tag for a paragraph? [p] doesn't work. I want the break
within a list, and just leaving an empty line doesn't work there
either.

Thanks,

--Beman