Re: [Boost-docs] Doc build stylesheet version?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Doc build stylesheet version?
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-21 22:23:50

2010/1/21 Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]>:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Daniel James <dnljms_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> No, not at all. It looks cygwin haven't updated their docbook-xsl
>> package for years.
>
> Could you post a request to their mailing list for them to update it?

I think I was mistaken, when I searched on their site I only found a
version from 2005. But I just found an announcement that a recent
version is in Cygwin 1.7:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin.ports.general/692

Presumably, you'll get it if you upgrade cygwin to 1.7. Although, from
their home page, it doesn't look like it's an easy upgrade.

> The SVN churn caused by the old-style HTML being generated is disconcerting.

That's part of the reason I don't check any of my generated
documentation in. Things should improve if I implement html generation
in quickbook.

> What is the tag for a paragraph? [p] doesn't work. I want the break
> within a list, and just leaving an empty line doesn't work there
> either.

That's not really something you can do at the moment. I'd just use
'[br]' for now. You could also use raw docbook, which is a bit easier
with a template:

    [article Paragraphs in lists
        [quickbook 1.5]
    ]

    [template paragraph[a] '''<para>'''[a]'''</para>''']

    * First item
    * [paragraph Second item paragraph 1]
      [paragraph Second item paragraph 2]
    * Third item