Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook blocks for concepts

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook blocks for concepts
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-08 07:52:46

On 7 February 2010 18:42, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> There are some predefined blocks in Quickbook, like variablelist.
> I'm wondering if it would be beneficial to define a block dedicated
> for documenting concepts.

I'm unlikely to find the time to work on anything like that. Quickbook
currently doesn't have any built support for normal reference
documentation, let alone concepts. There is some support for concepts
in boostbook, if you look in the 'tools/boostbook/xsl/caramel'
directory, although it doesn't seem to be documented and I haven't got
any idea how it works. It might be best to ignore it.

Documenting concepts is difficult, as they're a bit abstract and
slippery. My advice would be to just look at documentation you've
found helpful and follow its lead. What you've written so far looks
very good to me, better than a lot of our documentation.

Sorry I'm not more helpful, maybe someone else has some better ideas?

Daniel