Re: [Boost-docs] Details of synopsis section

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Details of synopsis section
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-08 09:47:17

[mailto:boost-docs-bounces_at_[hidden]]
> On Behalf Of Daniel James
> Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 8:26 AM
> To: Discussion of Boost Documentation
> Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Details of synopsis section
>
> I was just looking at your library. I didn't realise it was already
> accepted, because of the name change. I didn't follow the review so I
> don't know what was said there, but you seem to be creating a lot of
> work for yourself. Your current documentation is pretty good. You
> don't need perfect documentation in your first release,
>
> Have you tried using boostbook's doxygen integration? It isn't great,
> but it's used successfully in several libraries (eg. interprocess,
> intrusive, accumulators, xpressive). It might get you going quicker.

I've used it for the SVG plot project (not a reviewed library) docs

in SVN at boost-sandbox\SOC\2007\visualization

and I've used the doxygen comments-in-code system even more fully.

(This was lots of work to annotate each of the zillions of functions,

but I think the end results are much more satisfying that just the reference
section signatures).

Apart from the hard grind adding comments-in-code, it also makes the docs big.

I can send you a pdf privately ( 6Mbyte!)

A pig to get going, but results are worth it - IMO.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse