Re: [Boost-docs] Details of synopsis section

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Details of synopsis section
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-23 22:59:36

Daniel James wrote:
> I was just looking at your library. I didn't realise it was already
> accepted, because of the name change.

Yes, it is Boost Geometry (aka Generic Geometry Library, GGL)

> I didn't follow the review so I don't know what was said there, but
> you seem to be creating a lot of work for yourself. Your current
> documentation is pretty good. You don't need perfect documentation in
> your first release,

Yes, I understand but it should be done anyway. If not now, then I'm
worried we will keep it being deferred and deferred.
Nobody likes to write docs :-)

Anyway, Doxygen + Quickbook integration I'm testing now seems to be a
great time saver indeed.

> Have you tried using boostbook's doxygen integration? It isn't great,
> but it's used successfully in several libraries (eg. interprocess,
> intrusive, accumulators, xpressive).

Yes indeed, Paul Bristow already pointed this solution and I'm getting
good results.

> It might get you going quicker.

That's right.

> If you're not happy with it, you could possibly replace it later? I
> could try setting it up for you if you have any trouble with it.

Thank you very much for your offer, but I think I can make it myself for
now. I'm reading Jamfiles of other libraries like Units or Accumulators
and crafting one for Geometry. Actually, I'm already generating some
test docs with it.

> Also, if you need some help converting existing html documentation to
> quickbook, I'll give you a hand.

Great thanks. I will have one question but I'm going to post it
separately here.

Best regards,