Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook spirit 2 port

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook spirit 2 port
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-09 01:40:43

Joel de Guzman wrote:
> On 2/7/2010 11:36 PM, Daniel James wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> My spirit 2 port of quickbook is at:
>>
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/log/branches/quickbook-1.5-spirit2
>>
>> There are a lot of changes, but they mostly shouldn't be visible to
>> the user. You might notice that invalid quickbook is handled
>> differently, but that's about it. I've actually gone out of my way to
>> maintain behaviour for some bugs. Most notable id generation in
>> existing files - if I didn't then links would break.
>>
>> The only new feature is that it has a html generator. This creates a
>> single page of unstyled html, the idea is that a further tool will be
>> used to split the html pages, add the navigation and style it. Such a
>> tool could also support html generated by different means which would
>> hopefully be flexible enough to deal with most libraries'
>> documentation. It doesn't support footnotes or images yet.
>>
>> I'm hoping to release this with the next version of boost, although I
>> might disable the html generation.
>
> Way cool, Daniel! One thing I really want to be done is to minimize
> the actual c++ grammars by converting as much markups as possible into
> qbk templates and finally have the qbk standard template. Have you
> considered that approach?

I was going to ask exactly the same question.. Since I never got to
finish that same abstraction with the Spirit 1 quickbook. Daniel, did
you look at the previous backend abstraction work I did
<https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/branches/quickbook/backend>? I
would love it if what I tried doing was much easier to do now. As it
wasn't exactly the nicest solution.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything