Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook blocks for concepts

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook blocks for concepts
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-09 17:13:38

>>> I see. I asked if this idea would make any sense at all because
>>> I've been thinking about *trying* to hack quickbook myself.
>>
>> Before you get too much into that... how much of this could be
>> acumplished using templates?
>
> First, I'm a Quickbook newbie. The Boost Geometry is my first library
> I'm documenting with Quickbook, so a training pitch at the same time.

Nod, understood.

> Good point. I've started to think about templates after I saw
> Joel's reply to "Quickbook spirit 2 port" thread.
> I'm not sure, yet - I know nothing about Quickbook templates.

They're a fairly basic feature at present, but let me know if I can help.

BTW, we really need to get a std library of templates going with quickbook:
Boost.Math already has all the HTML-4 entities ready to add (so [epsilon]
for the Greek epsilon character for example), but I'm sure there are others
we can pinch from other libraries. Thinking about this some more, it would
help a lot if we could have conditional templates, or at least a builtin
[if ] rule, along with a list of variables in quickbook. For starters I'd
suggest a version number and a flag indicating what the output type is (HTML
or DocBook).

Cheers, John.