[Boost-docs] Docbook to html optimizations

Subject: [Boost-docs] Docbook to html optimizations
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-20 20:38:10

AMDG

The attached patch speeds up the final generation of
html output from over an hour to about 20 minutes.

Most the changes are overriding slow docbook templates,
since all of the bottlenecks were in the docbook stylesheets.

This is very much a work in progress, but do others
see similar improvements? I'm using the most recent
versions of the tools, xsltproc 1.1.26 and
docbook-xsl-1.75.2.

The patch will probably not work for anything
except chunked html output, since in switching
to fast chunking I had to fiddle with the imports,
and only the html related stylesheets were updated.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe