Re: [Boost-docs] Docbook to html optimizations

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Docbook to html optimizations
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-21 15:23:53

On 20 March 2010 20:38, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Most the changes are overriding slow docbook templates,
> since all of the bottlenecks were in the docbook stylesheets.
>
> This is very much a work in progress, but do others
> see similar improvements?  I'm using the most recent
> versions of the tools, xsltproc 1.1.26 and
> docbook-xsl-1.75.2.

I haven't done any timings but it certainly feels faster. I've
compared it to the documentation generated for trunk. It seems to be
mostly the same but it generates different previous page links in some
places. I think yours are actually more sensible. For an example:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_42_0/doc/html/boost/CV/constrained_value.html

On this page the next arrow links to 'simple_exception_policy', on
that, next links to a nested struct
'simple_exception_policy::exception_wrapper'. Previous on this page
links back to 'constrained_value' - two pages earlier. Your version
links to 'simple_exception_policy' which makes more sense to me.

Daniel