Re: [Boost-docs] Docbook to html optimizations

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Docbook to html optimizations
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-21 18:52:31

Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG
>
> Eric Niebler wrote:
>> On 3/21/2010 7:38 AM, Steven Watanabe wrote:
>>> The attached patch speeds up the final generation of
>>> html output from over an hour to about 20 minutes.
>>
>> Awesome. No comments other than (a) it would be great if you could
>> document for us XSLT newbies what you're doing to make it fast (e.g.,
>> do this, don't do that), and (b) keep up the good work!
>
> Well, almost all my knowledge about XSLT has been
> acquired in the last week. I don't understand why some
> of the optimizations work yet. Mostly I'm just using
> xsltproc --profile.

Hmmm - just to prove again that no good deed goes unpunished ...
and since you're looking at this....

I've wondered if it would be possible to use the docbook
rendition to automatically generate a "navigation panel" similar
to what the serialization library uses in it's documentation.
(the proprocessor documentation has something similar -
also maintained by hand.)