[Boost-docs] Quickbook [br] and \n are deprecated. How to avoid lots of warnings? Or should warnings be retired?

Subject: [Boost-docs] Quickbook [br] and \n are deprecated. How to avoid lots of warnings? Or should warnings be retired?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-08 18:20:35

I've been creating a FAQ page for Boost.Math

I want the question in italic on first line, and the answer in plain font
below.

And I want them numbered, so I'm using # lists.

How Should I create a forced newline other than using [br] or \n?

If there isn't a way, should the warning be removed?

Attached is my desired output. Each FAQ has a number.

If I create new paragraphs, the numbering is 1 for each item:-(

Is there a right way to do this?

Thanks

Paul

The Quickbook source is

# ['I'm a FORTRAN/NAG/SPSS/SAS/Cephes/MathCad/R user and I don't see where
the functions like dnorm(mean, sd) are in Boost.Math?][br]
Nearly all are provided, and more like mean, skewness, quantiles,
complements ...
but Boost.Math makes full use of C++ and it looks a bit different.
But do not panic! See section on construction and the many examples.
# ['I'm allergic to reading manuals and prefer to learn from examples.] [br]
Fear not - you are not alone. Many examples are available for functions and
distributions.
Some are referenced directly from the text. Others can be found at
\boost_1_?\libs\math\example.
If you are a Visual Studio user, you should be able to create projects from
each of these,
making sure that the Boost library is in the include directories list.

Generating Output File:
..\..\..\..\bin.v2\libs\math\doc\sf_and_dist\msvc-10.0\debug\threading-multi
\math.xml
I:\boost-trunk\libs\math\doc\sf_and_dist\faq.qbk:3: warning: in column:131,
[br] and \n are deprecated.
I:\boost-trunk\libs\math\doc\sf_and_dist\faq.qbk:7: warning: in column:73,
[br] and \n are deprecated.
<snip many more>

---
Paul A. Bristow,