Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook [br] and \n are deprecated. How to avoid lots of warnings? Or should warnings be retired?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook [br] and \n are deprecated. How to avoid lots of warnings? Or should warnings be retired?
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-08 22:23:49

On 8 September 2010 19:20, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I've been creating a FAQ page for Boost.Math
>
> I want the question in italic on first line, and the answer in plain font
> below.
>
> And I want them numbered, so I'm using # lists.
>
> How Should I create a forced newline other than using [br] or \n?
>
> If there isn't a way, should the warning be removed?

The warning was added before I was involved with quickbook. It doesn't
seem to have worked - there are still line breaks all over the place.
My vote would be for removing the warning from '[br]' but keeping it
on '\n' and not supporting '\n' in quickbook 1.6 documents.

> Attached is my desired output.  Each FAQ has a number.
>
> If I create new paragraphs, the numbering is 1 for each item:-(

In the current version you can't have paragraphs in lists. This is
something I want to deal with, but getting it right is tricky.

> Is there a right way to do this?

Take a look at the attached - it uses the docbook markup for Q&As. It
uses a horrible hack for nested paragraphs. We could possibly add
something to the CSS to style it better as well.

Daniel