Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook [br] and \n are deprecated. How to avoid lots of warnings? Or should warnings be retired?

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] Quickbook [br] and \n are deprecated. How to avoid lots of warnings? Or should warnings be retired?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-09 11:08:33

I had forgotten that John Maddock had already tackled this problem.

His para 'solution'/skulduggery is:

[template para[text] '''<para>'''[text]'''</para>''']

his para name clashes with yours of course, so a straight boltin failed.

I quickly tried changing your name from para to para0, but that seemed to
cause all the links to fail, for reasons I don't have time to investigate
right now.

For now, as a simple sort of chap, I feel is that this is all a bit too
complex/clever.

But I can see there could be a better solution and I'll revisit it later.

For this FAQ, I'm quite happy with [br] - but I'd rather not have lots of
warnings.

I'm not sure I understand why one would want to ban \n, and it will require
some updating of lots of docs.

(But since More Boost docs need updating more regularly, that may not be a
bad thing!)

Thanks

Paul