Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Code block level element

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Code block level element
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-16 17:48:33

 Yes.

> > This will all seem a struggle until you get going - but the results will
be
> > worth it for your readers.
>
> Understood.
>
> > (And don't forget you can use Doxygen to provide a reference section
too. I
> > found it easier to get Doxygen working first before trying to add to
> > Quickbook).
>
> I intend to use doxygen comments and then the [xinclude somefile.xml] to
> bring them in as the reference section.

I also believe that Doxygen comments are very useful additional
documentation - they can list the classes, functions etc *with
descriptions*. So it's not an either/or situation but *both*.

So that standalone Doxygen docs are also useful, even if the main docs are
written in Quickbook.
For example, in getting to grips with Boost.Units, I used both side by side.

> I am sure I will thanks to Quickbook. Docbook/Boostbook is too
> troublesome a learning curve to want to tackle right now !

And don't forget that you can later produce nice pdfs easily - once you have
endured the significant hassle of getting the tool chain setup.
Copying others jamfiles is the best advice.

(The pdf format is also useful to readers (as well as html) - you can search
the whole document with Adobe Reader - a sort of substitute for an index).

Good luck.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,