Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Meaning of Document Info fields

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [quickbook] Meaning of Document Info fields
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-02 00:39:03

On 10/1/2010 5:25 AM, Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> [...]

The "definitions" of the fields do not explain much. As an example:

[category The document's category]

What does this mean ? When I look in BoostBook I see a <librarycategory>
with the comment:

"The actual list of categories is in the file doc/src/boost.xml."

Does this mean that a category is any of the <librarycategory> xml items
found there ?

I used 'library' for the document type but there is no explanation which
I could find what the other document types listed there mean ?

I assume 'version' means some version number for my library.

I have no idea what is a valid 'license' sequence.

For 'dirname' and 'id' I did found out explanations in the BoostBook doc.

> How this bibliographic info feeds through to final documents (html, pdf ...)
> is not trivial.
>
> Daniel James has promised to look into making them work more usefully, but
> it's still a "TODO" I fear.

OK, I was just curious.