Re: [Boost-docs] [auto-index] Unable to find terms in header files

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [auto-index] Unable to find terms in header files
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-26 10:43:05

Thanks for this update - I (perhaps we?) need all the diagnostic output I
can get :-)

Works for me in libraries I've tried so far, but on one library I get

Processing script index.idx
Scanning directory ../../..\boost/mydox
Scanning file... ../../..\boost/mydox\detail\FP_compare.hpp
Scanning for type "class_name" ...
Indexing close_to as type class_name
Indexing smallest as type class_name
Scanning for type "function_name" ...
Indexing max_value as type function_name
Indexing min_value as type function_name
Indexing epsilon as type function_name
Indexing fpt_abs as type function_name
Indexing safe_fpt_division as type function_name
Indexing size as type function_name
Indexing strength as type function_name
Scanning for type "macro_name" ...
Indexing BOOST_FLOATING_POINT_COMPARISON_HPP as type macro_name
Scanning for type "typedef_name" ...
Indexing tiny as type typedef_name
Indexing neareq as type typedef_name
Scanning file... ../../..\boost/mydox\my_library.hpp
Scanning for type "class_name" ...
Indexing test as type class_name
Scanning for type "function_name" ...
Indexing test_me as type function_name
Scanning for type "macro_name" ...
Indexing BOOST_MYLIBRARY_HPP as type macro_name
Scanning for type "typedef_name" ...
Scanning file... ../../..\boost/mydox\quick_auto_dox_index.hpp
Scanning for type "class_name" ...
Scanning for type "function_name" ...
Scanning for type "macro_name" ...
Indexing BOOST_QUICK_AUTO_DOX_INDEX_HPP as type macro_name
Scanning for type "typedef_name" ...
Scanning directory ../../..\libs/mydox/doc
Indexing 24 terms...
Indexing section: Creating Boost HTML and PDF documentation using Quickbook,
Doxygen and Auto-Indexing.
Indexing section: Introduction
Indexing section: How to get Index(es) of your documentation
Indexing section: Version Info
xslt-xsltproc-dir.windows html\standalone_HTML.manifest
Computing chunks...

But I don't get any items in the function index and class index.

(plenty of words in the main index, but no functions or classes)

despite
"Indexing close_to as type class_name"

When it works, the results are excellent :-)

But is there no limit to the things I can do wrong :-(

Paul

PS with your permission, I'd like to add a few items on 'pits_I_fell_into'
to your auto-index docs (and correct a few typos ;-)

---
Paul A. Bristow,
Prizet Farmhouse, Kendal LA8 8AB  UK
+44 1539 561830  07714330204