Re: [Boost-docs] [auto-index] Unable to find terms in header files

Subject: Re: [Boost-docs] [auto-index] Unable to find terms in header files
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-26 12:25:59

> Works for me in libraries I've tried so far, but on one library I get
>
> Processing script index.idx
> Scanning directory ../../..\boost/mydox
> Scanning file... ../../..\boost/mydox\detail\FP_compare.hpp
> Scanning for type "class_name" ...
> Indexing close_to as type class_name
> Indexing smallest as type class_name
> Scanning for type "function_name" ...
> Indexing max_value as type function_name
> Indexing min_value as type function_name
> Indexing epsilon as type function_name
> Indexing fpt_abs as type function_name
> Indexing safe_fpt_division as type function_name
> Indexing size as type function_name
> Indexing strength as type function_name
> Scanning for type "macro_name" ...
> Indexing BOOST_FLOATING_POINT_COMPARISON_HPP as type macro_name
> Scanning for type "typedef_name" ...
> Indexing tiny as type typedef_name
> Indexing neareq as type typedef_name
> Scanning file... ../../..\boost/mydox\my_library.hpp
> Scanning for type "class_name" ...
> Indexing test as type class_name
> Scanning for type "function_name" ...
> Indexing test_me as type function_name
> Scanning for type "macro_name" ...
> Indexing BOOST_MYLIBRARY_HPP as type macro_name
> Scanning for type "typedef_name" ...
> Scanning file... ../../..\boost/mydox\quick_auto_dox_index.hpp
> Scanning for type "class_name" ...
> Scanning for type "function_name" ...
> Scanning for type "macro_name" ...
> Indexing BOOST_QUICK_AUTO_DOX_INDEX_HPP as type macro_name
> Scanning for type "typedef_name" ...
> Scanning directory ../../..\libs/mydox/doc
> Indexing 24 terms...
> Indexing section: Creating Boost HTML and PDF documentation using
> Quickbook,
> Doxygen and Auto-Indexing.
> Indexing section: Introduction
> Indexing section: How to get Index(es) of your documentation
> Indexing section: Version Info
> xslt-xsltproc-dir.windows html\standalone_HTML.manifest
> Computing chunks...
>
> But I don't get any items in the function index and class index.
>
> (plenty of words in the main index, but no functions or classes)
>
> despite
> "Indexing close_to as type class_name"

Is "close_to" in the docs? By default it will only index that term as a
class name if it sees a synopsis for that class that looks like:

template <maybe-template-params>
class close_to : base_class_list {

If all it gets is a forward declaration:

class close_to;

Then it doesn't add that to the index.

You can of course change that behaviour by changing the regular expression
used for docbook scanning.

> When it works, the results are excellent :-)
>
> But is there no limit to the things I can do wrong :-(
>
> Paul
>
> PS with your permission, I'd like to add a few items on 'pits_I_fell_into'
> to your auto-index docs (and correct a few typos ;-)

Please do!

Cheers, John.